Friday 22 November 2013

A stand alone gold



With Christmas approaching, it was pretty much necessary in my opinion to find myself a festive shimmer for my poorly shaped and super short nails. I have a real problem with my nails and applying polish - I'm extremely neat and impatient so any smudging or chipping and it will be off in a flash. So I'm always on the hunt for easy to apply, long lasting and fast-drying nail polishes.

And I struck gold (get it) with this off-chance purchase from Topshop in May - "Heart of Gold" from the Metallic Nails line. I bought it in the sale on a whim and never had chance to wear it until recently and it is very beautiful. Only one coat is needed for a completely opaque, shimmery gold layer due to the lovely formula and wide brush. The gold isn't too glittery which is helpful as it isn't too distracting and can be worn on a day to day basis. Chipping is minimal and top coat is unnecessary. The only downfall (and quite a major one unfortunately) is that Topshop no longer stock it. So you might say this post is entirely irrelevant - I'm sorry for that. Hopefully there are some dupes lurking around for a similar price which you can get your hands on if you've been inspired by the colour - let me know if you have anything similar!

Thanks for reading, and hope you're all getting as excited for Christmas as I am - even if it is only November. What are your thoughts on the famous John Lewis advert? (I cry. Every time.)

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment