Monday 18 November 2013

Sn-UGG-ly this Christmas? Not me...

I myself have owned a pair of Ugg boots. And yes, I found them to be very comfortable, long lasting and obviously fashionable. But little did I know how they make these iconic fluffy boots at the time - now, I do. 

After reading an article that a friend shared on Facebook, I never plan on going near a pair of them again and would encourage you to read the article and, if you have the stomach for it, watch the video that is linked in the article. 

The article explains how sheep are abused in the cruelest, most disgusting way in order to produce these in-demand boots. I won't go into detail here as it is all explained clearly in the article. I will warn you, even though I am passionate about the safety and protection of animals, I found the video too upsetting just over half way in and I had to turn it off the first time, but I have since watched it to the end. If you find the article and/or the video too upsetting to read/watch, the least you can do is share the article to friends and help spread the word. Or just save your pennies this Christmas and stay away from all things Ugg. This is the only way that these companies can be exposed and stopped from making ludicrous profit from the utter torture of innocent animals.

Thanks for reading, and do share the link below. 

K x



No comments:

Post a Comment